Chartered Financial Planner of the Year 2021/22
This award recognises the significant contribution that Chartered Financial Planners are making to raising professional standards and re-engaging consumer trust. The Personal Finance Society considers this to be its flagship award.
This award is sponsored by JUST
Benefits of winning:
- Recognition of being amongst the best in your profession
- Raising your professional profile
- Winners digital assets to utilise as personal marketing collateral
- Featured in our member magazine, Personal Finance Professional
- Highlighted on the Personal Finance Society website and social media
Qualified Chartered Financial Planners, whose main role is advising clients
Practising financial planners who are FCA authorised to provide investment advice
Full members of the Personal Finance Society
Members of the Personal Finance Society Board and advisers with ongoing disciplinary actions against them are excluded
Three stage judging process designed to enable you to demonstrate the wide range of skills necessary to give clients accurate, clear, effective and highly professional financial advice.
When assessing the submission the judges will be looking for evidence of the following:
- How you maintain and develop your professional knowledge and skills (quality CPD undertaken and further / specialist study etc)
- How your commitment to high standards benefits client outcomes (survey findings / testimonials etc)
- How your commitment to ethical practice influences your business practices
- How you invest in the future of your profession (pro bono work / professional connections / mentoring next gen etc)
- Examples of how you promote your Chartered status (communication, use of branding etc)
Shortlist from Stage one invited to complete hypothetical holistic case study, independently authored and judged by technical specialists Technical Connection.
Finalists invited to attend panel interview where judges will question them on a range of subjects to gain a better understanding of their skills, service proposition and professionalism.